Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Plant killer buys a Killer plant

So yesterday I bought a Pothos plant at the Acme. We had a Pothos in my old office, and I loved it. I would often spend an hour a week, pruning, watering and talking to it (hey, I couldn't spend 8 hours at TWOP a day) and I sort of missed it. I haven't bought a plant since we moved in here 9 years ago. I killed the ones outside & the spider plant inside within days. Plus Al thinks plants are his personal salad bar.

But yesterday I was feeling springy and happy and decided to buy a Pathos. I brought it home, set it down and Al headed over for a delicious treat. As I stood there watching him snack on it, I thought I better check if this is poisonous to cats.

It is.

Al's fine. But I can't wait for this plant to die so I can throw it out. Right now it's perched on top of the water cooler. And it's looking a little sickly.

No comments: