Sunday, June 10, 2007

Jack this


So, last Thursday I noticed that the pallet jack was missing at work.

I wandered out to reception and asked Dana if she'd seen it. She said no and then got up to help me look. (Pictured above is the jack). She asked me if Boss #1 could have taken in with him in his mini van.
Perhaps it was upstairs?
Maybe it was in the coat closet?

I felt like I was on an episode of Sesame Street. Where would a pallet jack fit? I kept explaining it's size and she kept looking in smaller and smaller places.

When I called Boss #1 and left him a message that the jack was missing, I never thought Friday would turn out like it did.

I showed up at 7:30 to find Boss there and furious. He yelled at me for a good ten minutes about the cost of the jack, how it could have gotten lost and how I was to call the trucking company and demand that they bring it back. If they told me they didn't have it, they were fucking LYING and I should accuse them of such.

Uh-huh.

I called the trucking company and they found the driver for me. The driver said boss #2 was there when he picked up (I was not) and told him to use the jack, but to leave it outside, which he did. I report this to Boss #1 whose new plan is for me to go door to door in the business park and ask if anyone has seen the jack.

I walked out and hid in the bushes and smoked for an half an hour. Returned and said no one had it.

I've decided to talk about them as much as possible in hopes I'll get dooced.

I HATE this job.

No comments: