Monday, June 04, 2007

But this time I'm nervous

So I have an interview tomorrow. Again. Or another one. But this is for a REAL job, with a REAL company, not some weird back-asswards freakazoid suck-a-polozza like my current job. I can not get over how shitty my current job turned out to be. This weekend Violet & I were on the boards in OC and we saw a kid wearing a tee shirt from my current employer and Violet wanted me to run over and scream "Stupid Fucktards is a Sweatshop". Which it actually is, as I am not allowed to have air conditioning in the back room. If I get hot I can use a fan or open the receiving door. Which I did the last time and a bird flew in. When I explained that I have an irrational fear of birds, I was told to "suck it up and get back in there". Whatever, douches. There's a reason this position has turned over 3 times this year - and it's soon to be 4!

So today I came home and got out one of my suits to wear tomorrow. I can not get over how excited I am to wear a suit again. One of my requirements was that I wanted to be able to dress down. After 3 months of dressing like a kid going to camp (for example today I wore overall shorts, sneaks & had my hair in pigtails) I long for my heels, my skirts, my dress slacks. Hell, I'm even going to wear panty hose tomorrow (if I have any).

And this job has a title! And it's not Slave Girl. Woo-hoo! Of course I am probably counting my chickens way before they've hatched, but if this doesn't pan out, I'm going to start temping.

I took the sweatshop job, and turned down all of my other interviews because I thought I had found the job that would at least get me through the summer. Unfortunately, I didn't realize that I would be sweating to the oldies in a warehouse all summer. Perhaps I should have thought things out better. Now I am kicking myself for turning down job offers. Maybe I would have like working with Foster kids, or selling mystery shop services to Companies.

Oh well, wish me luck!

No comments: