Saturday, October 31, 2009

Standing of the Verge

NaNoWriMo starts tomorrow. And I'm doing it this time - I've signed up, and my boy bought me a book on novel writing in a month. I'm ready to go...I'm nervous and scared and excited and thrilled.

For once in my life too I have someone standing in my corner cheering me on. Of all the things that this person has given me - the faith that they have given me in myself is amazing. I can't thank him enough for the support and love he's given me over the last year...knowing that someone is interested in you, cares about what you care about and chooses not to mock your passions but indulge them is amazing. I'm a lucky girl.

Speaking of the boy - we've progressed rather swimmingly to the next level of our relationship. We're out and we're proud. Or something like that. Last week we went to movie and dinner with his kids. It was nice, if not a little awkward for me, but we all spent time together which was nice.

I'm having a bit of crisis of faith lately. My life has not exactly been going the way I planned, I'm on the outs with my family, I'm stuck in the world's tiniest apartment, in a job I FUCKING HATE, etc etc etc... But I know that I can and will figure this all out and that when it's all over with I will emerge from the other end a happier lady.

So I'm off to work on my outline and finish my book. You may not hear much from me in November, but hopefully in December there will be 50,000 written words.

No comments: