Friday, January 19, 2007

9 p.m.- on a Friday night

And I'm in my pjs, watching Harry Potter 3 and trying to stay awake until Mr. Pant's plane lands.

I used to just being getting ready to go out at 9 on a Friday night.

I hate being old.

But a good cure for feeling like you're well past your prime? Going to see Bob Seger.

Now it wasn't Bob's timeless tunes that helped to realize that age ain't nothing but a number.

It wasn't the fact that Bob himself is only 8 years younger than my dad and still kicks ass in concert.

It was being the second youngest person in the Spectrum last night. (I say second youngest because Violet is about 6 weeks younger than me.

Seriously. The crowd was OLD. But they danced like fools, sang along with Bob and generally seemed to have a good time.

Except for the grandpa in front of me, who had to be about 65 and smoked pot through the entire show. I don't smoke pot or cigarettes anymore (there was a time that I did smoke pot-(high school) and I stopped smoking cigs last year) so I was unaware of how much the pot smell was going to bother me. I kept coughing from it and it was making me rather grouchy. I think the fact that I hate people so much and have such minimal interactions with the outside world is making me socially awful.

No comments: