Tuesday, February 20, 2007

To the Vet

Last Friday I took Aloysius to the vet. We had a terrible time. He was sleeping when I swept him up and into his carrier. Then I hoisted all 17 pounds of him outside and into the snow. Since I was too lazy to shovel around my car, I had to slip and slide my way to the backseat. Once he was in and situated, I started the car, put on Ron and Fez and attempted to listen over his screeching meows. Once I got to the vet, he wouldn't come out of the carrier. I unhooked the lid and removed it, and he launched himself onto my chest. The Vet Tech managed to wrangle him onto the table to take his temp and weigh him, and the actual face to face time with the Doctor was very easy. The ride home, not so much. But we lived to tell the tale. So tonight when Brownie & Beejay had their visits, I some home managed to get Mr. Pants to take them both! Hee. And since Brownie pees in the carrier every time I can only imagine how much fun they're having.

While I'm waiting for their return, I'm browsing the want ads (still no job and it's getting to the point where unemployment is not that much fun) and eating cake. I took a 20oz can of crushed pineapple and a box of Angel Food Cake, and a teaspoon of coconut extract and mixed them all together: baked it in the oven at 350 for like a half hour in a 9x13 pan. It's delicious! I highly recommend it if you're looking for a lowfat treat.

I saw The Queen over the weekend. It was awesome. I really enjoyed it. The acting was superb, and the plot was very interesting. Helen Mirren really deserves the oscar for her performance.

They're back from the vet and Beejay has to go back in 2 weeks for dental surgery. I'm freaking out because I read it's bad to put a cat under. Off to research.

No comments: