Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Being unemployed kinda sucks

It's 4:18 p.m. and I've just spent the last hour meandering around Craig's list.org looking for nothing. I'm wearing green sweatpants and a purple shirt because the only people who see me have fur and 4 legs. I'm debating taking a nap. Everyone I know has a job and therefore is unavailable to hang during the day. Damn it! I'm bored.

I used to think being unemployed would be a dream. I would sleep late, wake up, watch a DVD, do some shopping, read; you know all the stuff you wish you could do when you have to work. Instead? I get up at 6 a.m. every morning and spend the rest of my day fielding calls from recruiters that never seem to go anywhere.

And Monster? I don't have a job, so the chances of me buying a Harley are slim to none. Perhaps I could get a different pop up ad?

Tomorrow I have a try out day at a Company. I went on the interview on Friday, and the guy asked me to come back tomorrow to spend the morning with the woman I'd be replacing. I know it makes no sense to me either. They haven't talked money or anything with me, but I guess he's interested in hiring me? Or maybe not... maybe he's just trying everyone out instead of interviewing them? The actual sit down interview lasted about 8 minutes. And I actually said one of my strengths was that I am funny. Ummm, if you have to say it, you're not. And When it's number 2 on your list of strengths, you're probably going to be unemployed for awhile. But I'm kind of looking forward to talking to another human being for a couple of hours. And then I think I'll stop by Best Buy and use one of my gift cards on Guitar Hero II & the Sims Seasons.

I'm really bored.

I'm going to watch some of the DVDs I got for Christmas but was too busy to watch when I had a job....

No comments: