Monday, March 26, 2007

Wii & Comic Books

For my birthday back in January Mr. Pants bought me a Wii. I've picked up a couple of games for it, but have not really found anything I enjoyed more than the Sports game that game with the game. When I left my last Company, one of the groups I supported chipped in and gave me a $300 gift card to Best Buy. I've been using that for mostly DS games, but this week I decided to treat myself to Cooking Mama & The Godfather backhand edition. I've been dying for Mario Party because Mr. Pants and I are very competitive but it was moved to June or something, so I thought Cooking Mama would be a cool substitute. It's not.

Basically you use the Wii -mote to chop, stir, crack eggs, etc. while following on screen instructions.

Yeah.

I'm 33.

And I'm playing some shitty, geared at kids game.

And losing at it.

I think I'll resell that one.

But the Godfather game kind of kicks ass. I am having so much fun playing it. If you have a Wii, I highly recommend it.

So today after work (yes, I'm working part time now). I stopped at the comic book store to get the Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 8 comic book.

Now, I'm a die hard Buffy fan. I know a lot of people will tell you season 5, 6 & 7 were lame, but I still watched them from start to finish. In fact I've even re watched the DVDs a couple of times (even season 7).

I've never read a comic book before today so my review is based entirely on how I think this translates to previous tv seasons. And maybe it's just because I've missed these characters, but I really enjoyed the comic. I'm strangely excited for the April 4th issue. I even got a little choked up when Buffy said she misses her mom & her old life. It made me wish this wasn't just in comic book form, but on my tv.

But maybe that's because I hate every fucking show that's on this season.

Except Prison Break. And that's only because it's full of hot, hot men.

Maybe I should pick up Season 1 of Supernatural?

No comments: