Monday, March 19, 2007

Vab O Rub and Interviews

I have an interview in 2 hours. Which I'm kind of nervous about because the recruiter and I have been playing phone tag for about 3 weeks now. I feel like this guy is my new best friend because we speak on the phone just about every day. On top of all of that I'm sick. I developed a bad cold last Thursday (you know, when it was 70 degrees in Philly) which I suffered through the weekend with. Today I'm left with a hoarse voice, snot running from my nose, a hacking cough and I stink like a combination of Vic's Vab-O-Rub and Halls Cough Drops. I'm sure I'm going to nail this interview.

Actually I better. I have officially been unemployed for 7 weeks. I am so fucking bored during the day I can not stand it. I've started to paint by numbers. I know! At least they're not the Jesus paint by numbers (yet).

I've been reading like a maniac though, which is good. Last week I read Rockville Pike by Susan Coll, Stiff by Mary Roach, Nineteen Minutes by Jodi Picoult and I started Heart Shaped Box by Joe Hill. Actually I started Heart Shaped Box like 2 weeks ago, I just can't seem to catch the groove on it. I picked it up because of the Stephen King connection (Hill is King's son), but I am just not feeling it. I'm about 100 pages in. I read that it picks up at about page 150, so hopefully I'll finish this week. I've been trying to limit my spending on books and I actually bought this one in hard back so I better like it enough to warrant a re-read, or else I guess I'll donate it to the local library.

I really hope I'm going to be able to back my car over the pile of snow behind it. I guess I should try that now, so I'm out there shoveling in my suit.

Fine. I'm off.

No comments: