Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Gay Marriage

I don't live in California. I'm not gay. I'm so far lapsed as a Catholic that I hesitate to even say it is my religious affiliation. I've been married for 9 years. He's Luthern maybe, or Pentecostal or Baptist. It's never been a topic of discussion. We got married not because of Religion but because we loved each other. We wanted to forge a life, build a future and spend it together. It seems ridiculous to me that other people don't have the choice to do the same because they're gay.

I don't understand why a state or even a country would deny people their civil liberties based on sexuality.

Whatever I write about this topic seems weak - maybe because I still have the eloquent words of Keith Olbermann's special comment floating in my head.


No comments: