Sunday, November 30, 2008

I accomplished something!

This morning I was all snugly in bed when I thought, fuck it, I'm going to stay here as long as I can. And then I promptly rolled over and pinched a nerve in my neck. So I spent the rest of the day with my head at a weird angle and complaining.

I fully anticipated not doing anything but playing video games and reading.

Instead I:
  • Dyed my hair - it's now back to its flamey goodness.
  • Changed the sheets on the bed.
  • Did the laundry.
  • Went grocery Shopping
  • Watched the Second Traveling Pants movie
  • Made a kick ass Chicken Tortilla soup (except I doubled the cumin, used a splash more wine, cut down the chili powder, and when I ladled it out I put a dollop of sour cream on top and some fresh sliced avocado - oh and I squeezed some lime juice on mine. Served it with Chips & fresh salsa).
  • Put up the tree and decorated the house (for the most part - still have to get the candles in the windows and a wreath).



  • Shopped for Mr. Pants and the Niece A and Nephew B.


  • Bought a new snowman decoration at the pool store - only $11 and it is a candle holder!
(Look how cute! And that's my arm in my PJ's!)









  • I also learned how to use my camera on my computer! Only after a year and fairly close to being ready to get rid of it since Brownie pooped on the keyboard and now the L key won't reattach correctly.


Okay... Fine... the poop story - I was talking to Brother C on the phone and had my laptop on my lap on the couch. Brownie decided to walk across it, and I went to shove her off. I pushed gently on her back legs and liquid poop shot out her hind on to my keyboard. I was most unhappy.


All in all it was a good day. Plus I've come to a decision about work. But more on that later.

No comments: