Sunday, June 21, 2009

This entry is being written from Bed

Which is where I ate dinner last night, where I read until dawn and then slept until 2 PM, then got up went to see my dad, made kick ass tacos and then retired back to the bed. I would probably have eaten the tacos in bed, but that seems gross and like I'd have to do a lot more laundry.

Let's start at the beginning and work our way forward shall we?

Friday - Happy Hour - Same assholes, same place. I had 1.5 beers in 4 hours and NO SMOKES! Again! Noah and I went out for some drinks on Thursday and I didn't smoke either. I think (I hope) I am doing pretty fucking good at this. After happy hour I went in search of The Sims 3 but since I am unsure that it will work on my laptop I gave up after 2 stores didn't have it in stock. Chipotle and a Simpsons marathon wrapped up the night.

Saturday! Up early and loaded up my laundry to go home - or at least what used to be my home. I got there and Mr. Pants had done the nicest thing he's done in a really long time. I know that is going to seem awful to say considering I have a shitload of jewelry, I got flowers on every flower giving holiday and candy AND a shot glass from every trip he ever went on, but this gesture made me just about weep with pleasure. He made me an Apple Cake. I know you're thinking big fucking deal. But to me it was huge. He hates to bake and hates fatty stuff too. I love both. But I adore apple cake and I can't make a decent one to save my motherfucking life. The cake he made was PHENOMENAL. It had coconut in it and a buttermilk glaze. Sweet Zombie Jesus - it was delicious. I did some wash and we spent the day doing errandy stuff.

Comic book store - Bought a couple new issues of The Stand.
Borders bought:
Stephen King - Before Sunset
Joshilyn Jackson- The Girl who Stopped Swimming
Janelle Brown - All We Ever Wanted Was Everything.
Bed Bath and Beyond- bought new pillows, grill brush & bath mats (which I'm returning)
Lunch at CPK - I had the Pear and Gorgonzola Pizza.
Then we went to The Sale (local flea market type place) where he bought a bunch of crap and I wandered around.

By 5:30 he was off to hang out with friends and I was ready to go home. Got home and changed into pjs and jumped in bed with Duma Key - which I've read before but really enjoyed upon a second read. I stayed up all night reading and texting / talking to friends. By the time I fell asleep morning light was pouring through the windows. I slept till 2 - got up and putzed around. Went over to see my pop - we watched Caddy Shack. Went to Wegmans and spent a ton on food. Came home and made kick ass tacos which ate until I burst and then washed it down with some apple cake and climbed back in bed.

Bought a bunch more stuff from Fredericks of Hollywood I don't need (more heels) and listened to Pandora. Now I am going to read until midnite and then it is lights out.

Life is good - particularly the weekends. Dinana's health is on the good side of things right now and that makes me happy. We'll know for sure this week, but fingers and toes worked for now. We've been thinking about moving... of going somewhere and starting over. I've got to say that kid is doing an awesome job of convincing me we should. Of course she's 10 years my junior and is a tad more optimistic than I am, so perhaps I'll be a bit more cautious. But I am at least open for discussion on it.

No comments: