Thursday, June 04, 2009

This little light of mine - I'm gonna turn it off

The last couple of days have been most displeasing. Between my dad's illness, work sucking a bag of dicks, family stuff, arguments with coworkers and friends alike, I am most unhappy.

In order to cheer myself up I am going to give you a list of my favorite words. I will often be talking to Monkey and one of us will interrupt the other with "That is a great word!" although I will admit that his range of vocabulary is vast compared to mine. Which will often lead to a discussion of what makes a word good or not. Yes, we do have hours and hours of nerdy conversations, thank you. It is deliciously dorky.

So here is a list of words that I adore:
  • Phenomenal
  • Icky
  • Adorable
  • Derelict
  • Ornate
  • Myriad
  • Harangue
  • ubiquitous
  • omnipotent
  • melancholy
  • disingenuous
  • Abrogate
  • Oxymoron
  • Juxtaposition
  • Exacerbate
God damn, for a chick who uses words like "stressy" and "grouchy" all day long, I love me some vocabulary.

Things are bad here folks, I am not going to lie. I'm scared. And I'm really worried. So if I'm a little difficult or a little brittle (another decent word that sounds like it is) I'm sorry.

No comments: