Saturday, May 09, 2009

I am the Slayer

I have a list that is LONG of things I need to accomplish today. I actually said this morning I was going to "Slay that motherfucking list". Yeah. How's that going? Well I'm on the couch in the clothes I wore last night, typing on my laptop - so slaying? Not my calling.

Of course I only have 9 more minutes to sit here.

Yesterday, work sucked a bag of dicks. I woke up on the wrong side of the bed and found myself grumpy as hell. The guy I share an office with told me he was going to stab me in the neck with a key - so my jolly mood was appreciated by all. It was one of those days that all the hidden crap, the stuff that people don't want you to see, totally floated to the top. I spent a lot of my day being really pissed about shit that I had no control over. But then 5 o'clock rolled around and the day got a whole lot better.

I went to happy hour with some coworkers but split early after no shots, 2 beers and a whole lot of laughs- then went over my friend's house to watch Doubt. I had seen it before, but watching it again gave me a better appreciation for it.

Violet and I are not getting along particularly well right now. It is frustrating the fuck out of me and I'm not really sure how to fix it. She is most displeased with the way I am living my life, and without getting into the details, she has no business being pissed. I am really good. And things are really good. This girl has been my friend through the drugs, the abusive boyfriends -all of the lifetime movie plots that my life has encompassed, yet this - my separation from my husband- is the 1 thing she decides she needs to get all judgmental about. It sucks. We've been friends for 20 years and I feel like we aren't going to be friends much longer. I'm going to have to talk to her about it and see if we can't find some middle ground and resolve this. Before it's too late.

Okay, I'm off to slay and make my facebook status a reality.

No comments: