Sunday, May 17, 2009

Today = Awesome.

I do realize that saying the day is awesome at 10:30 AM is a bit of a strong statement, but I have a good feeling about today.

I woke up early this morning. I seem to have lost my ability to sleep in. I don't miss it as much as I thought I would. I read for awhile, then got up and brewed a pot of coffee. I had a muffin, a 1/2 of grapefruit, and some coffee as I perused my favorite Sunday morning sites.

Thrill as I recount what I ate for dinner last night.

On Friday night the High School Girls and I thought we'd do dinner and a movie. So, Jess & Liz & Violet and I made plans to meet at
Houlihan's at 6. Then I decided I wanted to go to Happy Hour. A flurry of texts were sent that made me question if I really did stop my burgeoning alcohol problem in my friends' minds.

Lizzie: "If you go to
HH you won't show up at all."
Violet: "No. Not a good idea. You'll have to drive."
Jess: "Bullshit! It'll be 9:30 and we all be at the fucking bar in some shitty chain restaurant waiting and then you'll send a text that says 'sorry bitches! too drunk! Jameson's = YUM'".

So I bailed on Happy Hour. Which was fine, because I really spend too much time with those kids from work and Jameson's does in fact equal YUM and then I would have been all drunk
texting and totally wouldn't have made it out.

Instead I rushed home for to see if my UPS
package had arrived (it had). Maybe it is living alone, but man, do I get thrilled when I get mail. My friend from work (who needs a nick name for here. It has been frustrating me. I suck at the whole nicknamey thing to begin with and typically use whatever name it is that they use as their blog / myspace / messageboard handle. So for right now I'll go with Monkey. Which I have been trying to make work in real life too. It doesn't. I am fully aware of that. Anyway). Monkey came over for a minute to talk about the end of the shitty week. Which made me totally late for the girls. And when I got there? The fucking restaurant was closed! It closed on 5/12. Somehow I took the collective blame for not knowing this. I tried desperately to convince the ladies that Korean BBQ was the way to go. They disagreed and we drove fucking 30 minutes out of our way to eat at a different Houlihan's. Then we squeezed back to my place to watch 27 Dresses with the plan that is was going to be mockable. It wasn't. It was atrocious. Not "funny bad" or "I can't believe this is this awful" but "Really? Was this script only written with a cliche generator?" so after much discussion of when the hell Ed Burns got so fat we turned it off and watched SNL with Justin Timberlake as the host.

Which made us feel like 4 old ladies who spouted off such stupid lines as "you know, this kid is crazy talented" and "He can sing, he can dance, he has comedic timing, and isn't afraid to mock himself- he's gonna go far!" and "I wouldn't kick him out of bed." If this were 1999 or whenever he brought Sexy Back, I could see this conversation happening, but I really felt like we were a bunch of old ladies babbling away- completely out of touch.

Yesterday I did a lot of
errandy things and spent a ton of money I don't have. I must get better at curbing my spending. I must! Then I vegged out on the couch for awhile and caught up on the DVR.

Rescue Me is amazing this season.
30 Rock Finale was hysterical - Cyndi
Lauper is one of the drunk ones!
The Office -
Motherfuckme - I love Jim and Pam still. I don't care what anyone says.
Big Bang Theory - really? I love that show, but that was one of the weakest
eps of the season.

I can't wait for tomorrow's How I Met Your Mother finale. I hear it is going to be awesome.

Monkey came over with plans to watch The Wrestler, but I've only had the
netflix for two weeks, and I really prefer to keep them as long as possible. I have been carrying that movie around for the last week hoping to catch some time to watch it. We just keep looking at the run time and deciding to try it later. So hopefully this week. We've been pulling through the big Oscar films and some crazy little independents lately. I love having a friend so willing to watch the crazy stuff I like. I have like a million documentaries coming up on my queue so we'll see if he really likes watching what I do when he's stuck watching "Jesus Camp" or "Spellbound".

Okay, I am going to make some crazy good
Bakerella treats today. Oreo Truffels and Cupcake pops. So I must get dress, go to the craft store and then plop down and bake the day away.

No comments: