Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Yet I continue to function

My cat has glitter on her nose. This is making me want to gather all the weird things I have in my house into a pile. I'm 35. Do I really need stripper shoes with cherries on them? Or glitter nail polish, eyeshadow and lip gloss? What the fuck is wrong with me?

Everyone at work has been very down, even the cellar dweller said to me today that if he could find another job he would leave. He's a dude I never expected to ever express a desire to leave there. I'm sending out resumes, but I am not getting many responses. It makes me frustrated. I always kind of felt like the time I spent at Staples carried my weak ass resume. Now I have this other job that doesn't do much for me in fulling out the resume or carry the superb name recognition Staples did. Plus my resume sucks donkey dick. I do a lot at my current job, but I simply can not express exactly what I do there. I never wanted to resort to having to look to retail management as a career, I have successfully avoided it throughout my life and now I'm thinking that I should be applying for retail management jobs. Part of it is my desperation to get out of my current job. I don't know what to do. I'll figure it out, but it is causing a lot of angst in my life right now.

So tonight I am supposed to go to my friend's house and watch The Wrestler (yes, yes, I realize I've made this threat before), but I am already in my nighty and would rather cuddle up here on the couch and watch tv. I am so unmotivated as of late. I came home today and fell asleep for 2 hours. Took a shower and fell back to sleep for a bit. I could seriously go immediately back to sleep now and wake up tomorrow.

Okay I need to get to Sephora before they close (so not going to happen).

No comments: